Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes’ LGBT Health and Wellness Project, Out for Health, is pleased to present their Pee in Peace App! This app is designed to help transgender, gender non-conforming, and other individuals who do not readily fit into expected and conventional norms of gender presentation, easily locate single stall or gender neutral bathrooms in Ithaca, New York!
The idea for this app came about after a survey conducted by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission found that nearly 50% of respondents reported having been harassed or assaulted in a public bathroom. Because of this, many transgender people avoid public bathrooms altogether and can develop health problems as a result. It has become Out for Health’s commitment to work toward removing the barriers to accessing safe bathrooms.
About the app:
Pee in Peace is the premiere interactive map of MOST single stall and gender neutral restrooms in Ithaca, New York. Because public restrooms can pose some risks (from cleanliness to safety), Out for Health has done the work for you so you can pee in peace! For anyone who needs quick and easy access to a private bathroom - from caregivers for people of a different sex, to anyone who just prefers a private place, and especially for transgender and gender non-conforming people who may have a specific need for safe and private restrooms. Everyone deserves a place to pee in peace, right here in Ithaca, New York.
- Interactive map of nearby single stall and gender neutral restrooms.
- GPS ‘near me’ search for the closest bathroom.
- Quick access to walking or driving directions to get you there fast!
- List includes when restrooms are open and key features, including if the restroom is accessible.
- Notes section provides special directions for restrooms at local college campus locations.
Out for Health is also working toward adding more locations!
If you know of a restroom that should be included please use the feedback button in the app to alert them!
- Location data is used to provide walking and driving directions to restrooms and is not collected or stored by the app
- Network connection is required to update locations and availability
- Network connection is required to provide driving and walking directions
About Out for Health:
Out for Health is Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes’ LGBT Health & Wellness Project, providing outreach, education, and information to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) people, their health care providers, and the community at-large about the importance of inclusive, welcoming, and respectful care for LGBT people. Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes takes pride in assuring that their diverse patients and communities have access to the sexual health, wellness services, and information they need. They proudly stand side-by-side with their LGBT communities as fellow activists, allies, and people committed to health, wellness, and social change.